Opened in Fall 2022, the Graduate Student Lounge is a space for graduate students to connect with one another in a relaxed environment and attend events that are geared toward the graduate student audience. The space offers a billiards and shuffleboard table, comfortable furniture, TVs, various board games and a kitchenette.
The Lounge is accessible to any grad student with an active Buzzcard. Graduate Lounge and Programs Assistants, or GLPAs are grad students who staff the space and support the Graduate Program Advisor through events and program planning. Join our mailing list or follow us on Instagram to stay informed on the many ways we are serving the graduate population.
For more information or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Reserving the Graduate Lounge
The Graduate Lounge is a great space to interact with other grads in a casual, recreational environment. All reservations must be graduate student-centered and be reserved by graduate student registered organizations (RSO) or departments in which the programming is benefiting the graduate community. Closed events are limited to preserve accessibility to the community during peak busy times.
$75 for 3 hours
Registered Student Orgs (RSO) *Fee only applies if you are planning to charge the event attendees.
$60 for 3 hours
Grad Lounge and Program Assistant (GLPA) Fee
*Some events will require a GLPA at the discretion of the Graduate Program Advisor (Example are events on Sundays or events that need support from GLPA staff).
Reservation Hours and Policies
Reservation Hours: 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Includes 2 hours for event, 1 hour for setup, and 1 hour for cleanup
- Setup may start at 10:00 a.m. and cleanup may last until 10:00 p.m.
Please keep in mind:
- Furniture in the Grad Lounge may not be rearranged or removed from the space. Only one 6ft table may be added to the reservation upon request.
- Private / Closed Events have limited hours due to the Grad Lounge being a resource for grad students.
- All Private events are limited to 3 hours. This should include your set-up and take down. Special circumstances may be granted upon the discretion of the Graduate Lounge Advisor.
- In the case of a school closure due to incremental weather or other external factors, all reservations will be cancelled.
- Lounge may be reserved by RSOs or Departments.
- Reservations for events that include a charge for participants will incur a cost of $60.
- Reservations must be made at least 3 weeks in advance.
- Recurring weekly meeting reservations are not allowed.
- Clients must clean up after events! Fees will be assessed in collaboration with our custodial staff for any excessive clean-up requiring more cleaning than usual.
- It is preferred that GLPA staff are present for reservations, but exceptions may be made depending on the event.
- Groups larger than 10 utilizing the Lounge space will need to make a reservation.
- Reservations that are requested for outside of normal operating hours will incur a staffing fee of $10 an hour.